When your laptop computer runs very slow, heat might be one of the problems. Modern processors have temperature sensors that down-clock the processing speed if the processor becomes too hot. If your computer is running extremely hot, and you can feel it, that is because of dust buildup on fans and vents, and low quality, dried out thermal compound on the processor. These issues combine to cause the computer to run slow, or can even cause random shut downs.
What we do to fix it:
- Disassemble the laptop
- Remove old, dried thermal compound from CPU
- Remove dust and debris from system and fans
- Apply new high quality thermal compound on CPU
- Overnight Performance Testing to verify stability
Do you have an overheating problem?
Please call us at A Plus Computer Tech and our free diagnostic will be able to determine the cause of your computer slowness issue.
Latest posts by Darren Lin (see all)
- Custom Built Gaming Computer – Intel i7 Haswell 4th Generation - October 1, 2013
- Laptop LCD Screen Flickering - June 2, 2012
- Laptop Overheating Issues - May 11, 2012